Chinese-English offline dictionary featuring handwriting and Mandarin audio!
Android's most popular Mandarin Chinese dictionary.
Details on how to get Pro version: http://goo.gl/YGonR
• Search Hanzi, Pinyin or English. Also displays Zhuyin (Bopomofo)
• Both Simplified and Traditional characters supported
• Chinese handwriting recognition built in!
• Mandarin audio* - over 2, 000 audio files of a real native Chinese speaker
• Live search - results update as-you-type
• Progressive results - as you scroll down, progressively deeper searches are seamlessly performed
• Offline access to all features (unless specified)
• History, Starred words, Word lists
• Custom search using wildcards
• Widgets (two sizes available)
• Night mode (black background)
• Quick Search Box support
• Voice recognition (online only and only on supported devices)
• Useful links to websites e.g. YellowBridge and nciku (online only)
• Uses CC-CEDICT dictionary data
• Supports Move to SD card
• No ads!
* Note: audio does not work on Archos devices.
For Chinese character input via pinyin, use Google Pinyin IME.
Note: "Move to SD" is not supported because that functionality conflicts with Widgets. Please read: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8555
Please use the forum (see below) to report any bugs or suggestions.
Note - one user commented about square boxes appearing for a couple of Chinese characters. This is because of a limitation of the Chinese font pre-installed on the device. This varies from device to device and there is not much Hanping can do about this unfortunately.